Vehicle Use & Accident Reporting

Vehicle Use Policy

Cal Poly Humboldt follows the California State University's (CSU) policy regarding the use of vehicles on University Business. Please review the Auto Use Policy prior to first use of University or private vehicle on University Business.

Defensive Driving Training Access for Students

This training is for Humboldt students who will be driving for any University-related activities (i.e. sporting events, field trips, and other events). Students must have a valid driver’s license and complete the Defensive Driving Training prior to driving in any capacity for Humboldt. This course is accessed through Canvas.

The duration of the course is approximately 1 hour.

Vehicle Accident Guidelines

Provides information on what to do If you are involved in a vehicle accident while on University business please refer to these guidelines for information.

Motor Vehicle Accident Report (STD 270)

Must be completed by the vehicle driver involved in the accident and sent to this department within 24 hours of an accident.

State Driver Accident Review (STD 274)

Must be completed by the driver's supervisor and submitted to this department within 24 hours of an accident.

Authorization to Use Privately Owned Vehicles on State Business (STD 261)

This form must be filled out when employees have been authorized to use privately owned vehicles to conduct official business. The STD-261 form must be on file with the supervisor who has approved the travel.